Crowns are dental restorations that are used to protect, cover, and restore teeth. They are made from ceramic material and help restore the aesthetics as well as the functionality of the mouth. At Vosh Dental, the Dentist in Fort Worth, TX is an expert in restoring damaged teeth using crowns.
When are dental crowns needed?
- Have a large cavity or a broken tooth
- Have severely stained teeth
- Have dental implants
- Have teeth that are cracked, worn, or chipped
Porcelain dental crowns can be shaded to match the color of your natural teeth. Your dentist can place crowns on a single tooth, or they can place crowns on multiple teeth.
What are the benefits of dental crowns?
- Protect weak or damaged teeth
- Restore teeth after decay or root canal treatment
- Replace missing tooth structure
- Fix misshapen or misaligned teeth
What does getting dental crowns involve?
Types of dental crowns
How long do dental crowns last?
Dental crowns can last even longer if you take good care of them, including:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss once a day.
- Visit the dentist twice a year for checkups and cleanings.
- Avoid chewing on hard items like ice, pens, and fingernails.